Hello, I am Nectarios Konstantinidis...
... and I have been involved in Informatics since childhood. Designing and masterminding innovative creations is my passion. I enjoy creating anything, from software and graphics to games and advertisements.
I hope you enjoy my work and feel free to contact or send me feedback. Thank you.View my Portfolio View my CV
Services I offer
After years of experience in launching new apps and websites, I can help you create your own brand identity.
Being the main developer in projects and having used a wide range of programming languages and environments, I have the ability to create anything from scratch and use any API or SDK.
Skills I have Mastered
HTML / CSS
Visual Basic / Objective C / C++
UI Design / Illustrator / Photoshop
Diploma of Graphic Design
2013… Diploma of Graphic Design, Swinburne University (Australia)
The Diploma of Graphic Design enables students to combine technical, creative and conceptual skills to create designs that meet client requirements and solve a range of visual communication challenges. Using both traditional and computer-based media, students discover how to assemble ‘camera-ready’ and digital artwork for graphic reproduction and web-based outputs.
Major study areas include: design, design theory, digital art and design, graphic arts, design process, drawing techniques, typography techniques, design theory practice, web design, graphic pre-press, design concept, digital imaging and print processing.
- Core units
- Research visual communication history and theory (CUVGRD501A)
- Produce graphic designs for 2-D and 3-D applications (CUVGRD502A)
- Produce typographic design solutions (CUVGRD503A)
- Refine drawing and other visual representation tools (CUVACD501A)
- Create and manipulate graphics (CUVGRD504A)
- Develop and extend design skills and practice (BSBDES403A)
- Design and manipulate complex layouts (CUVGRD505A)
- Develop graphic design practice to meet industry needs (CUVGRD506A)
- Present a body of own creative work (CUVPRP503A)
- Elective units
- Design web environments (CUFDIG502A)
- Research and apply light and colour (CUVACD504A)
- Extend typographic expertise (CUVGRD603A)
- Research and apply techniques for illustrative work (CUVILL401A)
- Develop graphic design for the built environment (CUVGRD605A)
- Develop graphic designs for packaging (CUVGRD606A)
- Create user interfaces (CUFDIG403A)
- Design interaction (CUFDIG506A)
- Capture photographic images (CUVPHI302A)
- Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art (CUVDIG502A)
ITIL V3 Foundation
2012… ITIL V3 Foundation, IT Futures
The ITIL Foundation training course provides a detailed, modular introduction to the concepts, terms, definitions, benefits, objectives, and relationships within core IT service management processes and functions, according to the ITIL best practice framework.
The course is based on principles described in ITIL’s Service Support and Service Delivery books. The course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management.Topics covered in the course include:
ITIL IT Service Management Processes
Service Desk: Understanding its role and function in the IT infrastructure and its relationship with
ITIL Service Support Processes:
Incident Management: Definition of an incident, description of Incident Control (including recording, classification, co-ordination, matching and resolution)
Problem Management: Definition of a problem and known error, proactive problem management (identification of problems and prevention of further incidents)
Configuration Management: Defining a configuration item and the configuration management database; impact of Configuration Management on other IT processes.
Change Management: Definition of a change and request for change (RFC); description of change control and change procedures; role of the change advisory board (CAB) and CAB/EC (for handling urgent changes).
Release Management: Scope and concepts; definition of definitive software library(DSL) and definitive hardware store (DHS); description of planning, testing and implementing.
ITIL Service Delivery Processes:
Service Level Management: Definition of a service catalogue; identifying, negotiating, monitoring and reviewing service level agreements (SLAs).
Financial Management for IT Services: Reviews of budgeting, charging and IT accounting; analysis of running costs and charging policies.
Availability Management: Review of reliability, availability, resilience, maintainability and serviceability, calculating availability, review of planning, monitoring and reporting.
Capacity Management: Review of application sizing, workload, performance, demand and resource management and their inputs to modelling, definition of the capacity management database and contents of the capacity plan.
IT Service Continuity Management: Re-view of business continuity, risk analysis and risk management, defining assets, threats, vulnerabilities and countermeasures (protection and recovery), development, testing and maintenance of the IT Service Continuity Plan, IT recovery options and management roles.
2011… Comptia A+, IT Futures
The A+ certification demonstrates competency as a computer technician. Officially, CompTIA A+ certification is a vendor neutral certification that covers numerous technologies and operating systems from such vendors as Microsoft, Apple Inc., Novell and some of the Linux distributions.
In order to obtain CompTIA A+ certification a candidate must pass two exams. The first exam is CompTIA A+ Essentials, exam number 220-701. The CompTIA A+ Essentials examination measures necessary competencies for an entry-level IT professional with the equivalent knowledge of at least 500 hours of hands-on experience in the lab or field. The second exam is CompTIA A+ Practical Application, exam number 220-702. The CompTIA A+ Practical Application examination measures necessary competencies for an entry-level IT professional with a working knowledge of practical use of current software and Operating System interface and features.
Successful candidates have the knowledge required to understand the fundamentals of computer technology, networking, and security, and have the skills required to identify hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components. Successful candidates understand the basic functionality of the operating system and basic troubleshooting methodology, practice proper safety procedures, and effectively interact with customers and peers.
CompTIA A+ is ISO 17024 Accredited (Personnel Certification Accreditation) and, as such, undergoes regular reviews and updates to the exam objectives.
Certificate III in Hospitality
2011... Certificate III in Hospitality, Crown College (Australia)
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge needed to deal with operations with discretion and good judgement. Work is undertaken in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. It involves having responsibility for others and providing technical advice to a team.Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles such as:
- - preparing and serving drinks at a bar
- - preparing and serving espresso coffee
- - serving food, wine and other beverages
- - providing reception or front desk services
- - providing housekeeping services
- - providing gaming services.
- - bar attendant
- - waiter
- - wine waiter
- - front desk receptionist
- - housekeeper
- - gaming attendant.
- SITHFAB009A Provide responsible service of alchohol.
- SITHGAM006A Provide responsible gambling services.
- SITHGAM007A Operate table games.
- SITHGAM008A Deal a Baccarat game.
- SITHGAM009A Conduct a Big Wheel game.
- SITHGAM013A Conduct a Rapid Roulette game.
- SITHGAM014A Conduct a Roulette game.
- SITHGAM015A Conduct a Sic Bo game.
- SITHIND001A Develop and update hospitality industry knowledge.
- SITHIND003A Provide and coordinate hospitality service.
- SITXCCS002A Provide quality customer service.
- SITXCOM001A Work with colleagues and customers.
- SITXCOM002A Work in a socially diverse environment.
- SITXCOM003A Deal with conflict situations.
- SITXHRM001A Coach others in job skills.
- SITXOHS001A Follow health, safety and security procedures.
- SITXOHS002A Follow workplace hygiene procedures.
Certificate IV in Small Business Management
2010… Certificate IV in Small Business Management
This course provides the training needs to those aspiring to develop, or currently working within, a small-medium business. Comprising of 10 units of competency, all units are developed specifically for the unique requirements of operating as a small-medium business. This includes areas of study such as, identifying opportunities, Finance management, Marketing and general business.
Industry requirements for this qualification include:
|Initiative and enterprise||
|Planning and organising||
Bachelor in Applied Informatics
2008… Bachelor of Science, Applied Informatics, University of Macedonia
According to the Establishing act of the Department of Applied Informatics, its mission is to promote and further develop the science of Informatics, with special emphasis on the development of systems for managerial and economic applications and the training of high level executives for the country’s needs.
In addition to the theoretical education offered to the students, particular attention is paid to their practical training on developing software for economic and managerial applications.The programme of studies included courses from the disciplines of Computer Science, Economics and Business Administration. The graduates of this department are well qualified to meet the demanding requirements of the modern business world.
Applied Informatics graduates are able to create computer systems, use them professionally and thoroughly understand the internal processes of how organizations operate. They are able to apply for IT specialist positions in IT companies as well as in economic and public sector.
- They can be responsible for:
- analysis and design of information systems,
- software development,
- implementation of computer systems,
- design, operation and maintenance of computer networks,
- internet use in business (E-business),
- managing information systems and computer networks,
- analysis and processing of data for different user groups,
- coordination of work, creating requirements specifications and testing of ready-made information systems,
- Graduates find employment in:
- manufacturing and services sector,
- government, local government and educational administration,
- financial sector companies (banking, insurances, brokerages),
- project planning and management of consulting companies,
- R&D institutions,
- companies that develop computer systems,
- small and medium-sized enterprises.
Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
2008… Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), Cambridge University
The Certificate of Proficiency in English or CPE is the most advanced general English exam provided by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations. The English level of those who have passed the CPE is similar to that of a fairly educated native speaker of English. This certificate ranks the highest among the other general Cambridge certificates (CAE, FCE).
The CPE can be used by those who want to work or study abroad, or to develop a career which requires good language skills (e.g., business, medicine, engineering TESOL etc.). The CPE is recognised by many universities and employers throughout the world, and it serves as objective evidence of a person's English skills.
In the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CPE is ranked at the C2 level. Like all the other Cambridge exams, once the candidate has passed the exam this qualification never expires. It is considered to be valuable for professional purposes, since a large number of companies and employers use it as an indicator of the would-be employee's English skills.
The exam comprises of five parts/components:
- Reading (1 hour and 30 minutes)
The Reading paper assesses the ability of the candidates to read and understand texts taken from a wide range of sources, including fiction and non-fiction books, journals, newspapers and magazines. They are expected to understand the meaning of written English at word, phrase, sentence, paragraph and whole text level. It includes understanding of text content, organisation and structure, and the development of ideas, opinions and attitudes.
- Writing (2 hours)
The Writing paper assesses the ability to write non-specialised texts types such as letters, articles, reports and reviews for a given purpose and target reader, covering a wide range of topics. The paper also includes questions on set texts. Responses are of 300–350 words in length.
- Use of English (1 hour and 30 minutes)
In the Use of English paper, candidates are expected to demonstrate their knowledge and control of the language system by completing various tasks at word, sentence and text level. These include gap-filling and word formation exercises, comprehension questions and a summary writing task.
- Listening (approx. 40 minutes)
The Listening paper assesses the ability to listen to and understand texts taken from a variety of text types including interviews, discussions, lectures and conversations. It tests the ability to understand the meaning of spoken English, to extract information from a spoken text and to understand the speakers' attitudes and opinions.
- Speaking (approx. 19 minutes)
The Speaking Test assesses the ability to interact in conversational English in a range of contexts. The paper contains three parts, which take the form of an interview section, a collaborative task and individual long turns with follow-up discussion. Candidates are provided with picture and written stimuli and they normally take the Speaking Test in pairs.
- Results and Grading
Each component carries 20% of the total marks. There are three pass grades (A, B and C) and certificates are awarded to candidates who achieve these grades. Candidates who achieve a grade D or E are judged not to have reached the required standard for CPE. Once awarded, Cambridge ESOL CPE certificates are valid for life.
Designs for Swinburne (Part 1)
The following designs were made by me during my study at Swinburne University for the Diploma of Graphic Design. (Part 1)
A design made for Typography class (Kristina Bernard). The brief for this design was to make an ad for a perfume. I selected Davidoff Cool Water and designed this poster-ad in Illustrator.
A design made for Layout class (Marilyn Spencer). The brief for this design was to promote a designer for the AGIdeas Conference. I picked Shane McGowan and made my own Illustration. The design was made in Illustrator and Indesign.
An Ad made during Typography class (Kristina Bernard). The brief for this design was to make an ad for a Florist shop, design their logo and use given photos. The design was made in Indesign and the logo in Illustrator.
An interactive design made for Web class (Valentina La Piana). The brief for this design was to make a website interface for a natural energy company named Quasar Logics.
A design made for Extend and Develop Design skills class (Kristina Bernard). The brief for this design was to make a poster for a cause. The cause I selected was for Cancer Research Donation. Photoshop and Illustrator were used to make this design.
Designs for Swinburne (Part 2)
The following designs were made by me during my study at Swinburne University for the Diploma of Graphic Design. (Part 2)
A series of posters made for the class “DEVELOP GRAPHIC DESIGN PRACTICE TO MEET INDUSTRY NEEDS” (Michelle Lackenby). The posters were designed to have the same style and inform the Australian Graphic Design Industry about Morals, Ethics, Legality and Copyrights in Graphic Design.
A design made for Packaging class (Trevor Marriott). The brief was to make a wine bottle label. The label I designed was for formal cocktail parties and events to lighten up people. The design was made in Illustrator.
Illustrations made for Extend and Develop Design skills class (Kristina Bernard). The designs above follow principles and elements of design. They were made in Illustrator.
Design made for an Environmental Signage project for "DEVELOP GRAPHIC DESIGN FOR BUILT ENVIRONMENT(1VH)" (Ros Care). Designs were made for the foyer, stairs and room numbers of Swinburne's Art Building PB.
Photo for promoting a product, "Powerade", taken and edited for "CAPTURE PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES(1VH)" (Linda Pottage). This photo can be used to promote the product on a billboard.
This is a website created fully by me for the company Sonon Refrigeration Pty. Ltd. The purpose of the website is to advertise the business services, create a past job gallery and provide an online contact system through email and online quoting. The website is advertised through Google. I was responsible for everything about this project, from the webdesign and setup till the online advertising and promotion. It was a very successful step for the owner as business profit has increased and many new customers are attracted daily.
iPhone game, Tap it Right!
This is an iPhone game developed by me, which challenges players to test their tapping skills. The game starts with three moving blocks that go right and left. The player must land the three boxes on the boxes below them. The score is based on how many boxes the player managed to land properly and how fast. There is also a global ranking system where players can compete eachother based on their performance and scores.
iPhone app HELP!!!
This is a Free iPhone app that was fully developed by me. Its goal is to help iPhone users have instant help in case of an emergency. With a simple tap iPhone users can call the Police, the Fire Department, the Ambulance or any custom number they wish. There is an internal database of the emergency numbers of all countries in the world, which is very useful for travellers. This app is a huge success and thousands of iPhone users have used it.
G.M. Glass Application
This application was created by me for the company GM Glass Pty. Ltd. It is used to calculate the cost of the glass needed for a project. GUI is very simple to use and transparent to give the feeling that the program was made of glass. It has features such as glass type database management, glass price database management, options, complex design glass calculator and many more…
NEK-KON Algorithm, Thesis
This is the Thesis I presented in the 2nd Pan-Hellenic Student Conference on Informatics, Computer Engineering and Related Technologies (Samos Greece 2008). The lossless compression algorithm I created is an innovation, as it is a new way of compressing data more efficiently. This Thesis has been published twice.
Streaming Technologies used on wireless networks
This is a University presentation for the course Streaming Data on Wireless Networks. This presentation is in Greek and analyzes the current Streaming Technologies used on wireless networks. It was a group project undertaken by me and Theodore Chatzopoulos. The presentation was done outdoors.
2014 – 2015... Inrealty, Greece
Webdeveloper - Designer
Programmer, I.T. Services, Custom created Web Platform used in property management and re-branding the business with a new logo and advertisements.
2010 – 2014... Crown Casino, Australia
Dealer, Customer Service, Dispute Resolution
Dealing assigned games and providing customer service in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for guests and employees.
- Ensuring that safety, quality, client courtesy and efficiency standards are maintained and service expectations are exceeded.
- Recognized for paying personal attention to customers to ensure high level of satisfaction and generate loyal clientele.
- Ability to work without supervision using sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Commended for exemplary interpersonal and communication skills.
Owner of Nekkon
2011 – 2013... Owner of Nekkon, Australia
Self-employed IT Supporter, Web Designer and Small Scale Software Developer
Committed to providing expert technical support, developing innovative web-based designs, solutions and software for clients.
- High quality work product supporting all project goals.
- Proven record of achievement in developing creative concepts and designs.
- Excellent technical and creative design skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid artistic and technical background, with knowledge of current applications and practices.
- Aware of all latest technological advancements and developments, and integrated in quality control processes.
- Proven record of performance, reliability, and professional business standards.
2007 – 2008… Mobile Market, Greece
Responsible for account management, new sales, customer service, promotion of products and services.
- Constantly exceeded goals, contributing to company’s overall profitability, success and positive image.
- Used knowledge, technical experience, and interpersonal skills to enhance organizational efficiency and operations.
- Generated new business, expanded customer base and consistently reached sales goals.
- Maintained a high level of product awareness and professionally represented corporate image and reputation.
- Proven ability to keep up to date of current, state-of-the-art mobile technologies and cutting-edge communication software.
International Real Estate
2004 – 2007… International Real Estate, Greece
Engineered, designed and developed innovative software program wherein Real Estate agents organize their properties in a database with photos and video. Organized and managed advertising, database structure, user-interface, graphic design and support.
- Masterminded and developed successful cutting-edge software application.
- Received numerous praise and accolades from clients concerning software capabilities, simple interface and support.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new programming languages and concepts to meet demands of project.
- Proven record of achievement in software analysis and design, program development, and strategic planning.
Contact me now
Feel free to contact me for feedback, project cooperation or any other matter. I will reply as soon as possible. Thank you.